Former Prosecutor Now Fighting For You
I am Montgomery County PA Criminal Defense Attorney Henry S. Hilles, III. I have been a practicing attorney since 1994. From 1996 until 1999 I was prosecutor in the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office in the Major Crimes Unit. My role in that position was to prosecute people charged with significant crimes. In my years as a prosecutor I prosecuted crimes ranging from homicide cases to DUI and Retail Theft cases.
Since 1999, I have been in private practice representing people charged with a crime. With my background as a prosecutor, I know how the police and the District Attorney’s Office builds cases against defendants and use that knowledge to prepare strong defenses and/or negotiate positive results on behalf of my clients.
Abington PA Criminal Defense Attorney
The clear job of a good criminal defense attorney is to achieve the best possible result for his client. In many cases, the best result involves negotiating a non-trial disposition such as admission into the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD Program) or Section 17 Probation.
However the best criminal defense attorneys can prepare a successful defense and are not afraid to take a case to trial. It is always better to negotiate from a position of strength; prosecutors know which criminal defense lawyers are willing and able to truly fight for their clients and are more likely to engage in meaningful negotiations with such lawyers.
- DUI defense: In Montgomery County, PA and surrounding counties, DUI is the crime that is most commonly charged. As a prosecutor and criminal defense attorney I have handled hundreds of DUI cases and am certainly qualified to negotiate the best possible result (such as admission into the ARD Program) or prepare a vigorous defense on behalf of anyone charged with a DUI.
- Drug crimes: I zealously defend people charged with drug crimes in state and federal court, including felony drug cases, misdemeanor possession offenses and juvenile drug charges. I have represented many clients obtain positive results, including dispositions that can be expunged from criminal records (such as Section 17 Probation).
- Federal criminal defense: The federal criminal justice system presents a unique set of challenges because the federal sentencing guidelines are typically much more severe and federal cases tend to be far more involved. I have represented clients in federal court on major cases and have obtained favorable results by way of negotiated pleas and following jury trials. For anyone under federal investigation, it is important to retain a federal criminal defense attorney immediately to start preparing the best possible defense.
- Crimes of violence: Anyone charged with a violent crime — such as homicide, assault and a sex crimes — should immediately retain a criminal defense attorney who can protect their rights and ensure they are treated fairly. Crimes such as these can change a person’s life and it is critically important to have a lawyer on your side who has handled such charges in the past and knows what it takes to obtain a positive result.
- Sex crimes: Charges of sexual assault — such as rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, child molestation, corruption of minors, indecent exposure and statutory rape — are charges that can literally change a client’s life. I have handled many such cases, as a prosecutor and a defense attorney, and am qualified to respresent anyone charged with a sex crime.
- Juvenile crimes: A juvenile charged with a crime, including DUI or any other offense, needs a strong, experienced advocate and guide through the criminal justice system to prevent his or her adult life from being adversely affected. I am proud that I have obtained positive results for many former juvenile criminal clients who went on to become productive, law-abiding adult citizens.
- Retail theft, larceny and shoplifting: Anyone charged with a theft-related offense should retain an experienced criminal defense attorney. I have represented many clients charged with retail theft and related offenses, some of whom were ultimately admitted into the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD Program).
- Misdemeanors: If you are convicted of a misdemeanor crime, you will likely experience long-term consequences that will adversly affect your future. There is no doubt that misdemeanor defendants who have experienced criminal defense lawyers frequently get better results than those who are not so represented. In this day and age of background investigations, no conviction is minor. Contact me at 610-270-8800 to help you fight your charges.
- Traffic violations: From Driving Under Suspension / DUI-related to reckless driving and speeding tickets, I have represented many people charged with a summary offense traffic citation. I can certainly help you obtain the best possible result.
- Expungement: I have helped many clients clean their criminal record by having getting their criminal history expunged. I have expunged adult criminal records, and juvenile criminal records, on behalf of many clients over the years. Feel free to call me at 610-270-8800 to discuss whether your criminal record may be expunged.
Regardless of your criminal defense issue, please feel free to contact me, Abongton Pennsylvania Criminal Defense lawyer Henry S. Hilles, III to help you protect your rights and options. As a former prosecutor and a defense attorney, I am qualified to help anyone charged with a crime obtain the best possible result. Call Cheltenham Criminal Defense Lawyer Henry Hilles at 610-270-8800.
I proudly defend those accused of criminal charges, drug crimes, DUI, property crimes, violent crimes, weapons charges and sex offenses throughouth Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. This includes Abington, Ambler, Blue Bell, Conshohocken, Haverford, Lansdale, Cheltenham Township, Hatboro, Hatfield, Jenkintown, Pottstown, Upper Merion Township, Upper Dublin Township, Lower Providence Township, Upper Moreland Township and Horsham Township.